The Technical Director will build and lead the Tools Engineering group, coordinate the planning, design, project execution and implementation of strategic and operational tools engineering activities, as well as provide direction and support for software solutions that enhance mission-critical business strategies and operations.
- Work closely with the company’s operational leaders to ensure timely, accurate, fully functional applications and or frameworks that address business needs.
- Mentor team members and oversees planning and execution processes. Act as a technical interface for the QE service partners and support the business development activities.
- The ideal candidate will be a combination of business leader, visionary, inventor, builder, and operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all development functions including business requirements elaboration, system analysis, design, configuration, integration and implementation
- Design and architect tools, frameworks and solutions.
- Mentor the team members drive best practices and processes.
- Determine relevant metrics, monitor results and relay risk to stakeholders
- Ensure the communication on the status of projects in development, manage expectations of deliverables, work with other departments and partners to get their input and notify them of timelines and needs
- Drive the strategy, creation, launch and operation of innovative, customer facing tools and services. Develop training materials for internal or partner teams and lead workshops for technical design, requirement gathering and risk identification
- Monitor the performance of the services by collecting feedback and drive a culture of continuous improvement in response to client partner and internally surfaced opportunities
- Support the business development activities by acting as a technical partner, developing service features and compiling case studies to be shared with prospective partners.
- Expert in client server architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English required.
- Proven ability to align complex business problems to appropriate technology solutions
- Strong ownership and organizational skills.
- 10 years of experience minimum
- C# experience required, Unity experience an asset
- Java experience required
- Experience with Unit Testing, Load testing and debug tools
- At least 4 years in a management /lead role
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- Proven success using professional software testing and quality assurance practices resulting in quality products and smooth timely delivery
- Excellent understanding and hands on experience implementing automated testing tools and development best practices
- Ability to define and communicate a strategic vision
- Experience completing employee evaluations and providing formal verbal and written feedback and correction.
- Amber is a game development and creative services agency, primed to revolutionize creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key software development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars, including product development, co-development, platform conversion and development support.
- Established in 2013, Amber has over 250 staff in its development center and the executive team has more than 500 years of professional experience from some of the games industry’s best and brightest companies including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, Bandai Namco, Disney and others.
- Amber is an employee-owned company headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. Follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook, or learn more at www.amberstudio.com.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your resume here: email@example.com.
If you have Outlook installed, you can just click on the Interested? button right below.