If you are an ingenious Network Engineer who likes to be part of an environment where things move quickly and performance is of great importance, then Amber is the place to be!
You will enjoy here a fresh and dynamic team where your ideas will be equally valued as your programming expertise.
• Work with a small team of engineers, artists, and designers to build compelling mobile video games
• Design, develop, and deploy backend features, tools and APIs for our games
• Create and implement deployment strategies
• Document system specifications, including requirements gathering
• Collaborate on defining server strategy and architecture for our games
• Develop back-end solutions that can work with a high number of concurrent users and maintain fast response times
• Server API design, performance profiling and optimization
• Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available
Experience and Qualifications
• Strong programming skills coupled with demonstrable architecture / design abilities.
• Proficient with scalable server-side programming (concurrency / synchronization and distributed systems).
• Deep knowledge of database design and optimization.
• Strong knowledge of cloud computing services like AWS.
• Strong practical knowledge of server technologies like REST, Node.js or similar.
• Experience in metrics / monitoring and performance optimization.
Highly desirable extras
• Experience with development on mobile platforms and for a high number of concurrent users
• Familiarity with Mobile specific tech (In-App Purchasing, Push Notifications, telemetry)
• Practical experience with the lifecycle of a user query, from request to an API endpoint, up to updating cold storages reliably and consistently
• Worked in Agile development teams (Scrum, etc.)
• A passion for delivering quality software
• An overall passion for mobile games and devices
• Ability to learn, plan and be organised
• Open and honest approach to challenges
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written