Build and direct a team of business analysts that use product data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas and methods of improving operations and revenue. You will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of our product management team and objectives.
- Work with studio management and stakeholders to define and maintain our long-term product strategy and objectives.
- Work closely with the game development teams, in different phases of the lifecycle, to define the monetization strategy and features.
- Work with the data analysts to evaluate current strategies and propose new ways to optimize/maximize game revenue.
- Identify, evaluate, and track other key companies and products in our industry. Collect and analyze data to provide benchmarks for comparison purposes.
- Drive business forecasting considering product and industry trends, games market realities and other strategic insights.
- Develop strategic plan around User Engagement, Acquisition & Monetization.
- Be accountable for state of economy of all the games in the portfolio
- Plan and manage business unit processes and practices to ensure that department objectives are aligned with company business goals.
- Provide functional leadership to the product management team: goal setting & performance feedback, scaling competencies and facilitating career growth.
- Mentor the product managers on game economy design and track their efforts.
- Monitor department performance and quality control plans to identify improvements;
- Provides reports and creates comprehensive dashboards for internal/external stakeholders.
Competencies & skills
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred in Marketing, Economics or a related field (Master’s degree is a plus).
- 5+ years of experience in the video games industry; at least 2 years’ experience managing free-to-play online and/or mobile games, with a focus on analytics and monetization.
- Solid knowledge of the games free-to-play market.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and data modeling skills (Excel).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to present complicated analytical material in a concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to translate key learning and insights into actionable business strategies.
- Three or more years managing and developing a team of three or more people is preferred, with a track record of developing analytical talent.
- Ability to manage expectations appropriately while coordinating, planning, and meeting deadlines for deliverables in a fast-paced environment where projects span across teams.
Why join Amber?
- You’ll have the chance to build a fresh-new team of professionals in a hot field of expertise
- You’ll work with talented people who are industry pioneers
- You’ll embrace the culture of the largest Romanian independent gaming studio
- You’ll have an attractive compensation & benefits package